The primary role of The Gilbert Firm, P.A. is to represent their defendant in the criminal court system. This encompasses arraignments, pretrial hearings, settlement conferences, trials and sentence hearings. They defend adults and juveniles at the federal, state and local level. Typically, The Gilbert Firm, P.A works on several cases at one time, each at different stages in the criminal process. Throughout the criminal process, we offer legal counsel to our clients that would be in their best interests. The Gilbert Firm, P.A. extensive knowledge of the law helps them safeguard their client’s constitutional rights.
There is a vast amount of time spent gathering evidence like police reports, eyewitness testimonies and any other information pertinent to the case. As a result, criminal lawyers utilize the expertise of paralegals, private investigators, litigation consultants and others to assist them.
The following tasks are characteristic of a criminal lawyer’s occupation:
- Interviewing witnesses
- Performing legal research
- Creating exhibits for demonstrations in court
- Accruing additional evidence in support of their case or for arguments against the prosecution’s charges
- Examining the crime scene
- Gathering expert witnesses to testify in court